Wednesday, February 8, 2017

POWER OVER SMOKING



                                    Conquering Nicotine

                              And these signs will accompany those who believe;
                             In my name they will cast out demons; (Mark 16:17)

   She was so excited over the healings her daughter had just received, Mrs. Adkins looked across the room at her son and exclaimed, "Jack, let Jimmie pray for you to quit those cigarettes."
   Now I had known Jack all my life. He had a rather rough reputation and was not a man you approached quickly on any matter. So I looked at him and asked cautiously, "Jack, would you like for me to pray for you?"
   Jack agreed, though I think it was primarily at the urging of his mother. I walked across the room and as I placed my hand on his shoulder he reverently lowered his head and closed his eyes.
   Jack had been smoking that evening and at that moment I began praying for him he was holding a lit cigarette between the index finger and middle finger of his right hand. I drummed up some courage and used the most authoritative voice I could muster.
   "You nicotine spirit," I boomed, "I command you to come out of him!" All of a sudden Jack let out a loud grunt, his right arm jerked forward and the cigarette shot out of his hand and landed on the floor across the room, still lit.
   Jack reacted so violently that it startled me and I stepped back. After all, I had never seen anything like this before and I certainly didn't want to get on this man's bad side.
   By the look on his face, Jack was startled by this sudden involuntary reaction on his part and appeared to be a little embarrassed as well.
   I had undergone deliverance myself at Brother Glen's months before, so I knew this type of ministry was real, but this was the first time I attempted to step out in the same manner I had seen him do.
    It appeared to have worked quite convincingly, though the whole episode caught me completely off guard at the moment. This would prove to be just one of many encounters the Lord had in store for me regarding power over the forces of darkness.
         ******************************************************************

         (Join me next week for another testimony of God's remarkable power.)

                    Acts of an Awesome God can be found on:   
             facebook @ActsofanAwesomeGod / twitter@jimorich    

                            http://www.jimorich.blogspot.com

1 comment: