Tuesday, April 25, 2017

THE LANGUAGE OF DREAMS


   God is always attempting to communicate with us and one of the methods he uses is the language of dreams. Throughout the course of my life God has revealed many things to me through dreams, but one of the most astounding occurrences involved my son, Joshua.

   It was early one morning and I was getting ready to go to work. I was standing in the dining room and had just poured myself a cup of coffee when Joshua came out of his bedroom.

   He walked down the short hallway and when he reached the dining room he said to me, "Dad, I had a weird dream last night."

   "I know, and I'll tell you what it was," I answered back.

     I then commenced to tell him exactly what he had dreamed and when I finished, he stood there with a stunned look on his face.

   "That's right. How did you know that?" He exclaimed.

   Now he was amazed enough that I knew what he had dreamed the night before, but my next statement really seemed to shock him.

   "I know what you dreamed last night," I explained, "because I had the same dream."

   While that story may sound rather hard to believe, something very similar is recorded in the Bible regarding Daniel and the three Hebrew children.

   The Babylonian ruler, King Nebuchadnezzar, had a dream that troubled him deeply. He wanted to know the interpretation of the dream so he called for his magicians, astrologers, enchanters and sorcerers.

   Once they arrived he put a demand on them that seemed impossible. Not only were they commanded to tell the king the interpretation of his dream, they also had to tell him what he had dreamed.

   Furthermore, anyone failing to do as the king ordered would be facing a certain penalty of death. The lives of Daniel and his three Hebrew companions also became threatened so they cried out to God for mercy and the understanding of Nebuchadnezzar's dream.

   Chapter 2, verse 19, then tells us:
        "Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision of
          the night. Then Daniel blessed the God of Heaven."

   When brought before the King, Daniel said to him,
         "No wise men, magicians, enchanters or astrologers can
           show to the king the mystery the king has asked, but
           there is a God in Heaven who reveals mysteries."

   Many people today still seek answers from those involved in occult practices such as astrologers and some even try to communicate with the dead through those claiming to be mediums. But whatever does not bring you closer to God, only serves to take you farther away.

   My particular experience helped to strengthen my faith in God's ability to speak to me in dreams while also revealing to me that He watches over my son at night, even in his thoughts.
   
   God alone can be trusted to give us the answers we seek and, while He can communicate in a variety of ways, He just may choose to speak to us through the language of dreams.

      
                  See more testimonies about our supernatural God at:  



                   https://www.facebook.com/ActsofanAwesomeGod

No comments:

Post a Comment