Thursday, January 19, 2017

More Amazing Answers To Prayer



     Victory Over The Past: 
    Breaking  Soul Ties


   When I answered the phone, the person on the other end of the line sounded frantic. "Jimmie?" she asked in a shaky voice. As soon as she said my name, I recognized the caller as an old friend I hadn't talked to in years.
   I confirmed who I was and Gail wasted no time in telling me why she had called.
   "Jimmie, I need prayer!" she said in a tone of desperation. "You know I'm married, and I love my husband, but I can't stop thinking about Marty," she explained.
   Marty was a mutual friend who Gail had dated years ago but I thought that relationship was a thing of the past. Gail went on to explain that she was a Christian and she knew it was wrong to think of another man but she just couldn't seem to get Marty off her mind.
   She asked me to come over to her house and pray with her and I felt led in my spirit to oblige her request. After I arrived, I sat on the couch and asked her how long this had been going on.
   She said this mental battle had occurred at different times but it seemed to happen more often when  she was alone or when she and her husband were not getting along.
   She informed me that her husband was working out of town and lately she had begun to have these troubling thoughts again. She pleaded with me to tell her what to do.
   First I assured her that God loved her and her husband and wanted this marriage to work out. Then I told her I was persuaded that God knew the answer to her problem and I was confident if we prayed He would reveal what to do.
   "Lord," I began. "You know the situation here and I know you want Gail to have peace in her heart. She wants to do right so I ask you to reveal to her the source of this problem and show her what to do to be set free," Amen!
   I turned to her and said, "Now Gail, Jesus said, (Matthew 18:19) 'If  two of you on earth agree concerning anything they ask, It will be done for them by my Father in Heaven.' Do you agree with me that He will answer this prayer?"
   She said she agreed and, though nothing happened at that moment, I felt assurance that the issue was resolved and that Gail would get the victory over this struggle.
   I said goodbye and had only been home a couple of hours when my phone rang. It was Gail again, but this woman sounded totally different than the one I had spoken to earlier.
   "Jim!" she said excitedly. "Right after you left I remembered a box of letters I had hidden up in my closet.
    "They were love letters that Marty wrote to me back when we were dating," she revealed. "I had kept them all these years and  sometimes when my husband and I got into an argument or I felt lonely, I would take those letters down and read them and I would feel better."
   She went on to explain that she felt like the Lord told her to take the letters and throw them away and, as soon as she did, the feelings and thoughts she had been struggling with left instantly!

                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

   Sometimes, before we can enjoy all the blessings God has in store for us in the future, we have to become disconnected to certain things of the past.

   An unhealthy connection to a person, sometimes referred to as a  "soul tie", can preoccupy our thoughts and emotions and, as in Gail's case, keep us from living the joyful, productive life God intended.

   But God is always there in time of need and if we call on Him with a sincere desire to please Him, He is faithful to provide us with the wisdom and strength to do what is necessary to be free and happy. 

  
               More Acts of an Awesome God can be found at:   
             facebook @ActsofanAwesomeGod   twitter@jimorich    
                            http://www.jimorich.blogspot.com        

No comments:

Post a Comment