Monday, January 9, 2017

More Amazing Answers To Prayer

                                                 

                                                Spirit of Intercession:

                                   The Heart of God (conclusion)


   I was finally standing behind him and no sooner had I laid my hands on his shoulders than I started to weep.  
   Instantly, words exploded from deep inside and I began to cry out to God at the top of my voice in an unknown language. All the while, an extreme heat engulfed my body.
   This went on for what seemed like a long time, but was probably no more than  45
seconds.
   As quickly as the experience started, it suddenly stopped.
   Not feeling compelled to do anything else, I began wiping the tears from my face   
and headed back toward the front of the room to take a seat. My minister friends
stood up and spoke a few more minutes then asked if there was anyone in the room
who had anything they would like to share with the group.
   The man in the wheelchair for whom I had prayed raised his hand and said he had
something he wanted to tell everyone.
   I must admit I was a little nervous, thinking he might wish to voice some displeasure
over what I had done earlier.
   Pointing straight at me he exclaimed, "Ever since this brother here prayed for me,
my legs have been hurting."
"Oh no!" I  thought to myself.  "I've done it now."
   As if being bound to a wheelchair wasn't bad enough, this poor man now has pain
in his legs!
   Not only was I concerned for this poor crippled man's condition, I was also
concerned that I had made my minister friends look bad somehow.
   As I sat there thinking everything over, the man in the wheelchair continued his
remarks and brought light to what had actually occurred when I prayed for him.
   "When I came to the meeting tonight I was paralyzed.  I had no feeling from the
waist down," he explained. "Now there is tingling and I can actually feel my legs!"
    Over the years I have come to understand that what happened to me that day was a
manifestation of God's Presence often referred to as the Spirit of Intercession. The word intercession is defined as "a prayer to God on behalf of another."
   The 8th chapter of Romans, verse 26, describes this experience by stating, "Likewise the Spirit (of God) also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which
cannot be uttered."
   Another translation ends the verse, "...with words that cannot be spoken in
articulate speech," that is to say, "words not capable of being expressed in your usual
language." 
   So, the Spirit of God made a sovereign visitation that day right there in Pop Hick's
Restaurant on Route 66 in Clinton, Oklahoma and interceded through me for this man who had been bound to his wheelchair.
   This supernatural account gives us insight into the heart and mind of God. It
shows us He does indeed know our individual circumstances and cares about our
problems and struggles.
   God's great empathy for humanity is also expressed through Christ as explained in
Hebrews 4:15-16 which says, "We do not have a High Priest (Jesus) who cannot
sympathize with our weaknesses...  Let us  therefore come boldly to the throne of
grace, that we might obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."


   Action:   Trust in God's great love, boldly calling on His name,
                  and believe in His great power to move supernaturally
                             on your behalf and the behalf of others.


More stories like this can be found on  facebook@Acts of an Awesome God,

     twitter@jimorich   and the blog at   http://www.jimorich.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment