Thursday, March 23, 2017

AMAZING ANSWERS TO PRAYER: He's Still Creating



     It has always been God's nature to create. In times past He created the heavens and the earth. Then He created a Savior to redeem humanity from their sins.
     Today He continues to create and one way it is evident is through the various methods He uses to bless His children.

     In fall of 1992 I was having trouble making ends meet working menial jobs. So, in the hopes it would open up some doors of opportunity to a better income for my family, I went back to college.
     Though jobs, student loans and financial aid provided finances to cover most of the bills, I still had to come up with some additional money to pay the balance of the monthly expenses while attending school.
     One of the most readily available sources of income I found on campus was scholarships, so I set out to obtain every one I possibly could.
     Pursuing a minor in Art, and being of Choctaw and Chickasaw tribal heritage, it seemed a perfect fit to apply for a single $1,000 scholarship being offered by the American Indian Arts Council of Dallas.
     After  completing the application and collecting the additional required documents, I placed all the paperwork in a large manila envelope and sent it off with a prayer that God would bless it.
     The directions that came with the application said I would be notified within a week if I had been selected to receive the scholarship.
     Four days went by, then five, then six, then seven. "I guess I'm not going to get the scholarship," I said to myself, rather disheartened.
     About that time I heard God speak to me very clearly. And while it was not an audible voice, it was, nevertheless, quite distinct.

     "If I have to," I heard Him say, "I will 'create' something just for you."

     Eight days went by, then nine, then ten... still no reply. Though everything seemed to be looking hopeless, I held on in faith that I would receive a scholarship, trusting in the words God told me.
     Then, about two weeks after I mailed the envelope off, a letter arrived. It was from the American Indian Arts Council and I could hardly wait to open it and see what it said.

     "As a result of the number of outstanding applications," the paragraph began, "The AIAC decided to create  'Honorary Scholarships' to recognize students with distinguished credentials who were not chosen for the $1,000 Award... for this special $500 award, you have been selected."

     The word jumped off the page at me... "create." There it was just as the voice of God had promised.

     I learned a valuable lesson through this experience. When it comes to meeting our needs, God is not restricted by usual timing, rules or regulations. And He will, when necessary, create a brand new avenue of blessing...              just for us.   

                                                  *********************

        See more testimonies of God's love, power & provision at:  

           https://www.facebook.com/ActsofanAwesomeGod

No comments:

Post a Comment