Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Barbara's Double Miracle (part 1)

Back this week with more Acts of an Awesome God. Tonight I'm going to publish the first part of an incredible true account of a woman who received, not one, but two miracles of healing in a single night. Allow this story to increase your faith in both the love and the power of an amazing God.

                                     Barbara's Double Miracle

   I had become acquainted with Preston, a young man from College Station, Texas. On occasion he made mention of his father, Glen, but I knew nothing more about him except that he was a minister. I didn’t know his denominational affiliation nor did I have any knowledge of his doctrinal beliefs.
   I did know, however, that the day after I asked Christ to come into my life at a little Baptist church, I had this overwhelming desire to go see Glen. I was convinced it was an urgency God put in my heart and told Preston so.
   Realizing I had never met his father and that I knew nothing about him personally, Preston responded quite curiously, “But you don’t even know him!”
    "I know" I acknowledged. "But I know God is dealing with me to go see your dad, so I have to." "All right," Preston agreed. "I guess we need to figure out a way to get down there."
   Several people heard we were going to Texas and asked if they could come along. To accommodate the group, Julie, a close friend, borrowed her father’s camper pickup truck so we would have plenty of room for everyone who was going on the trip.
   Preston notified his dad we would soon be heading his direction and by the middle of the week we were on our way down to Texas. We had a lot of time to visit during the several hours on the road and one conversation in particular would prove to play an important role in the events we were about to experience.   
   Preston’s wife, Barbara, had been complaining of extreme discomfort throughout the course of the trip which almost brought her to the point of tears at times.
   She had explained to me that she had a serious physical condition known as ulcerated colitis. Physicians had delivered the tragic news that the condition was incurable and Barbara would have to be on medication the rest of her life.
   In addition, her diet would be very limited and by the time she was 30 she would be wearing a colostomy bag. She had been to two different doctors over the previous three months and none of them had been able to provide her with any relief or hope.    
   In fact, she had just returned from another doctor’s visit earlier that week and the physician told her there was nothing he could do for her. He said the only one that could help her now was God! My heart went out to her but I knew there was nothing I could do to change her situation so I tried to simply lend a sympathetic ear. 

     (Join me back here next Wednesday to read about Barbara's FIRST miracle of healing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment