Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Warrior Angel (Conclusion)

                                      
                                     Star Trek confirmation    

    Now the Bible is full of stories where angels of God intervened in the affairs of       mankind and many times offered help in time of need.

                                         We are also told in Hebrews 1:14 -
                                 "Are not all angels ministering spirits, sent
                                 to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

                                  Again, the Bible promises in Psalms 34:7 -
                              "The angel of the Lord encamps around
                                those that fear Him."

    So, while I certainly believed in the existence of angels, I still wanted to receive some sort of confirmation from God concerning my particular experience. After all, I had heard of angels with robes, angels with wings, but never angels that appeared as sparkling light.
    When sharing this experience with others, I have often been asked to describe more precisely how the image of light first appeared. And I have always responded with the best example I could think of from a personal viewpoint.   
   "Have you ever seen Star Trek?" I would ask. "You know when Captain Kirk would stand in the transporter room and say, 'Beam me up Scotty'? And the molecules in his body would began to break down and it looked like shimmering, sparkling light? Well, that's the way the image came and that's the way it left," I would explain.
     I continued to pray that God would verify that what I had seen was in fact one of His heavenly beings, but it wasn't until several years later that I received a confirmation with which I was satisfied.
    I was working as a desk clerk at a local hotel back in my hometown in Oklahoma one Saturday when the manager came in to check on things. I noticed the shopping bag in her hand and asked her where she had been.
   She explained she had just returned from Mardel's Christian Book Store where she had picked up a few books so I asked to see what she had bought.
   One of the books, "The Man Who Talked With Angels," was written by a woman named Sharon Rose Buck White. Her father, Pastor Roland Buck, had written a book a few years earlier entitled, "Angels on Assignment," in which he described, in remarkable detail, numerous angelic visitations he claimed to have encountered over a period of several months.
    Since the publication of the first book, Pastor Buck had passed away and this more recent volume penned by his daughter was actually a sequel to her father's bestseller. In her book, Mrs. White shares with the readers accounts of the last 9 angelic visitations her father had, accounts not included in the pages of "Angels On Assignment." 
    In Mrs. White's book, I found the confirmation I had been waiting for concerning my amazing encounter in Wichita Falls. In chapter 25 she gives her father's account of the very last angelic encounter he had, less than a month before he went to Heaven.
   To my delight and relief, there on the pages before me, was Pastor Buck's unique description of what transpired on the evening of October 13, 1979.       
   "Last night in my office, I found out that the visit six weeks ago wasn't the last one... My head was down, and I was doing some meditating, and looking at the Scripture. They came in just like those people on the television series, 'Star Trek'. I was breathless because I never get accustomed to their presence."
   "Star Trek." There it was. Those key words jumped out at me and settled the issue forever in my mind. It was a unique description of a very unique experience, unlike anything else I had ever known up to that time.  
   Though I don't know why God took so long to confirm my experience, I no longer doubted that I saw an actual angel late that night in the ministers' home.
   Many people live an entire lifetime and never see an angel, so I was very grateful for this rare opportunity God had allowed. Yet, surprisingly, this was not the only time I would be permitted to catch a glimpse of God's Heavenly Host.
                    *****************************************************************
           Remember: When you are battling fear, just call on God and have faith He  
                will answer and, if necessary, send Warrior Angels to protect you.

            Be a blessing to others by Sharing This Story . Encourage your
       friends to Follow This Blog and join me next Wednesday for more:

                                   "Acts Of An Awesome God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment