Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Glorious Manifestations (part 1)




                                          Light Unto My Path  (part 1)

   In the months that followed my salvation experience, I loved to take leisurely drives with my Christian friends and talk about the things of God. On one special night I was visiting with two of my closest friends, Marty and Merrell. 
   We had been sharing the usual course of conversation about the Scriptures when suddenly I got the strongest impression. It felt so definite that I even dared to voice it out loud to Merrell and Marty.
   "I feel like God just revealed to me that if we would go over to the old highway on the east edge of town that we would see a vision!" I announced confidently. Now I know that was a very bold statement (one that would be proven true or false quick enough) but I was certain I had heard accurately from God and was willing to stake my reputation on it.
   Everyone seemed game so we headed off in the direction of the old highway. Once we arrived, I pulled the car over and turned off the engine and the headlights. We once again struck up our conversation about the Lord.
   We had been sitting there visiting for a few minutes when suddenly everyone stopped talking all at once. A strange stillness immediately settled in the car. At the time, I was sitting in the driver's seat and Marty was in the front on the passenger's side. Merrell was in the back seat alone.
   As Marty and I looked out the front windshield, the road directly in front of us suddenly lit up. The odd thing is, it didn't appear as though the light was on the surface of the road. Rather, it seemed as if the brightness was actually coming from underneath the blacktop, much the same way the disco dance floors of the 70's looked.
   There was a beam of bright light which shone directly in front of me and one that shone directly in front of Marty. Each beam had equal intensity and they went on straight ahead in front of the car for about a half mile then faded into the distant darkness.
   They appeared for just a few seconds, though it seemed much longer, then suddenly vanished.





                     Now, May the Lord bless you tremendously this week
                    and be sure to join me this Saturday for the conclusion
                       of this wonderful  "Act of an Awesome God!" 

1 comment:

  1. As always Jim, the ONLY disappoint in your stories is when you don"t finish the story!!!!!!! When will this book be written?????!!!!!!!!! Great story-telling honey!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete