Wednesday, December 28, 2016

More Amazing Answers To Prayer



If you live on this earth long enough, you can be assured you will end up dealing with a difficult person. But if you turn the situation over to God, He is able and willing to make you the victor and not the victim.


                            God's Power Over Difficult People

   I had just been hired as a customer representative for a tire distributor and it was my very first day on the job. After leaving Springdale, I drove 70 miles in a snow storm that left Arkansas State Highway 71 reduced to a single lane. All the way, I kept hoping I wouldn't meet any one because there was no place to pull over.
   I finally made it to Ft. Smith but had to stop on a hill in town because the traffic was backed up. The blowing snow had covered over my headlights which made it very difficult to see so I decided I would get out to clean them off.
   After scrapping the ice and snow off the headlight lens, I took a couple of steps back toward the driver's door. Being on an incline made it very hard to walk and I lost my footing . My legs flew out from under me and I hit the icy pavement full force on my back.
   By now I was in pain, frustrated and embarrassed. This new job was proving to be far more of a challenge than I had anticipated, but the worst was yet to come.  
   My boss, Al, had asked me to drop by and pay a visit to a particular tire dealer there in Ft. Smith and see if I could drum up some sales. I carefully navigated my way along the icy roads in town until I located the business.
   I pulled into the parking lot, got out of my car and walked up to the front door. A soon as I entered the business I introduced myself to an older gentleman and told him the company I represented.
   No sooner had I mentioned the name of my company than he began to chew me out in a very loud voice and literally got right up in my face. This caught me completely off guard, since I had no idea what he was so angry about.
   "Let me tell you something, boy," He shouted. " I was in the tire business before you was ever born and you can't tell me anything about tires."
   Now it was true I didn't know much about tires since it was just my first day on the job, but I didn't appreciate this man's attitude. Matter of fact, after standing there listening to him continue to bad mouth me, I was starting to get a little angry myself. I had already had a really rough day and the last thing I needed was some hothead yelling in my face!
   Even as Christians, there are times the carnal nature kicks in and we feel like reacting in a way that is not pleasing to God. I could have tried to justify myself, but I knew I still had a duty as a Believer to do the right thing so out of a desire to please God I cried out to Him for help.
   "Lord, I feel like punching this guy right in the face," I admitted silently. "But I know you don't want me to do that. So Lord I'm asking you to help me," I pleaded, "because I don't know what to do."
   I had no sooner finished that prayer than I felt a wave of electricity start at the top of my head and move quickly down the full length of my body. I had felt this sensation many times before and I quickly recognized it as the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

                            God promises in Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV) -
            "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty    
              things, which you do not know."

   Well, all I can say is, I did and He did! I called to Him and He answered in a great and mighty way.
   Just a few seconds before, this man in front of me had been ranting
and yelling with a crazed look in his eyes. Yet, as I watched him now, his
expression suddenly changed to a look of bewilderment as if he didn't
quite know what he was doing.
   He blinked his eyes, backed up, and a very mellow look rapidly
spread came over his face. He then kindly asked me to repeat my name.
This may sound odd to some of you, but, though I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit on the outside of my body, I must admit, it had not penetrated inside to the calming of my soul.
   In fact, I was still feeling so aggravated from this man's previous
verbal assault that I snapped the answer back at him, "My name is
Jim!"
   "Well, Jim," He now spoke in a very friendly tone of voice, "I think we got off to bad start. I'm sorry about that, but I do a large volume of business here and I don't really think you would be able to beat the prices I can buy at right now."
   I had finally begun to relax a little bit and it sunk in exactly what had just happened. I prayed to the Lord for help and He showed up on the scene, doing what only He could do.
   When telling this story to others I often say with a smile on my face, "The biggest mistake that man made that day was getting too close to me. Because, when the Holy Spirit came on me, it got all over him and changed his heart!"
   The gentleman continued, "Have you ever seen my place, Jim?" "No," I replied. "Well, let me show you around. Do you drink coffee?" "Yes I do," I affirmed. "Cream, sugar?" He asked. Looking at the secretary He said, "Get this man some coffee and put in it whatever he wants!"
   The man who previously seemed poised for a knock down drag out, now took me on a friendly tour of his warehouse. Afterward he thanked me for coming and gave me a warm sendoff.
   "Jim, I really don't think you have anything I would be interested in, but the next time you're in town be sure to stop by and I'll take a look at what you've got," He promised. "And I'll even take you out to lunch!"
   What a turnaround! He started off treating me like a bitter enemy and ended up treating me like a close friend. That's what God can do! 
   Just remember, you don't have to face difficult situations alone. God is there to help and He's only a humble, heart-felt prayer away!

                 *************************************************************

              Check this out on Twitter@jimorich & the new page:
                                Acts of an Awesome God
                                               on
                                                facebook  

                      And be a blessing by sharing it with others.
                      Now be sure to join me next week for more

                              Acts of an Awesome God !

No comments:

Post a Comment