Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Flame of Revival

   

   God revealed this supernatural sign to me several years ago but it's 
as fresh as if it occurred only yesterday. May you be blessed by this testimony of God's power to set the human soul on fire.             


                                       God's Fire of Approval

   Bobbie had been attending church at an Assembly of God in Wichita Falls, Texas. Late one afternoon she asked me to give her a ride there because she wanted to sit in on the evening service.
   We traveled the usual route which took us down one of the main boulevards in town. As we made our way onto the side street that led up to the church, I could see the building in front of us about two blocks away.  
   Typical to many houses of worship, this Assembly of God had a steeple on top. As we neared the church, some movement caught my eye just above the building.
   I glanced up to see what it was and there at the tip of the steeple was a huge flickering yellow and orange flame. It was as clear as could be and as we got closer to the church it suddenly vanished.
   I didn't mention the flame to Bobbie but I did ask her if there was anything special going on in the church at the time. She said they were in "revival" and God was really moving.
   Bobbie went on to say that the pastor had recently gone off for several days to get alone with God.
   "Ever since he's come back, he's really different," she said. "You should come and listen to him."
   Now I had attended the church for several weeks prior and when the pastor got up to speak it seemed as though he always had a hardness about his demeanor.
   This troubled me so much that I had quit attending the services altogether. But since I had just seen this Heavenly vision that I believed was a confirmation from God there was indeed a spiritual "revival" in full swing at the church, I decided to attend a service and check it out for myself.
   That following Sunday morning I walked through the front doors, took a seat and waited to see what change, if any, had happened to the pastor.
   When he stood up behind the pulpit to speak, I saw a different man.
   In place of the stern and serious look he had carried before was a humble and tender expression that spoke of a man who had spent time in the presence of a loving and merciful God.
   The kindness and compassion that issued from his lips let me know he had truly experienced a change of heart.
   Proverbs 20:27  refers to the spirit of man as the "candle" of the Lord and I believe that a revival had taken place earlier in the pastor's heart, setting His soul on fire, which then opened the way for a revival to break out among his congregation.
   The flame I saw was simply a supernatural sign by which God confirmed (like on the day of Pentecost when cloven tongues of fire sat upon each disciple who was filled with The Holy Ghost) that a mighty spiritual transformation was taking place within that church.
   It is one thing to say you are having a revival, but it is another thing altogether to have God supernaturally bear witness to an actual revival in your midst.
  

          Have a Wonderful Weekend and a very Merry Christmas.

                         Help others be blessed by sharing this blog with them. 
                           And be sure to join me next week for more

                                    Acts of an Awesome God !




No comments:

Post a Comment