Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Amazing Answers To Prayer

                                  

                                           Give Me A Sign, Lord

   Merrell and I had some business to take care of one day in downtown Oklahoma City. Once we arrived we took an exit off Interstate 40 and headed north up Robinson Ave. We had only traveled a few blocks when we noticed a man standing on the sidewalk next to the road carrying a large sandwich sign.
   As we got closer, we could clearly read a quote from the Bible on one side of the sign which had obviously been hand-painted. I was so impressed with this man's boldness and devotion to spread the Word of God that I just had to go back and tell him.
   We swung the car around and once we parked we walked over to him and struck up a conversation. He told us he had been doing this for years and it was just his way of spreading the Gospel.
   I asked him if there was anything we could do for him. He said the thick plywood signs he carried were very heavy and he had to use several of them in order to share multiple scriptures.
   He said he really wished he could get a lighter sign that was made in such a way he could change the letters out instead of having to hand paint a different message on several different signs . I told him I didn't have any money to buy him a sign but I would be willing to pray for Him (Silver and gold have I none, but...).
   Now I had seen the Lord provide some remarkable answers to prayer up to that time and my faith was at high tide that day. I told this gentleman that he was doing a very good thing by sharing the Word on a busy street and I believed the Lord would answer his request.
   So this gentleman took hands with Merrell and me and the three of us prayed right there in downtown Oklahoma City as the afternoon traffic sped by.
   "Lord," I began. "You said in Matthew 18:19, 'If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven.'"
   "Now, Lord, you see this man is trying to spread the Gospel and he needs a better sign," I continued. "So I stand in agreement with this man that you're going to make the way for him to have what he needs and I thank you for it in Jesus' name. Amen!"
   I turned to the man and said, "Brother, I believe God heard us and He's going to give you what you need!" We stood there visiting for what couldn't have been more than a minute when a pickup passed by that had some type of lettering on the door.
   It traveled about a block then turned around. As it approached, it pulled over next to the curb beside us and the driver rolled down his window. He explained to the man with the signs that he greatly respected what he was doing and would like to help him out.
   He said (you guessed it), "I own a company that makes plastic signs and I would like to provide one for you. You can change out the lettering on it and that way you won't have to carry all those heavy wooden signs around."
   "But I don't have the money to pay for one," The gentleman told the driver. "You don't have to," the driver explained to the old man. "They're free and I'll give you as many as you want for as long as you need them."

                  ****************************************************************
         Note:  There really is power in agreement and God is true to
                       His Word. If we will do our part, He is faithful to do
                       His part.  The Bible says in 1st John 3:22,
                           "And whatever we ask, we receive of Him,
                             because we keep His commandments, and
                             do what is pleasing in His sight."


                Have a blessed day and be sure to join me next week for more:

                                         "Acts of an Awesome God!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment