Saturday, December 10, 2016

Glorious Manifestations (part 2)

                                            

                                                Light Unto My Path  (Conclusion)

   As Marty and I looked out the front windshield, the road directly in front of us suddenly lit up. The odd thing is, it didn't appear as though the light was on the surface of the road. Rather, it seemed as if the brightness was actually coming from underneath the blacktop and shining upward, much the same way the flashing disco dance floors of the 70's looked.
   There was a beam of bright light which shone directly in front of me and one that shone directly in front of Marty. Each beam had equal intensity and they went on straight ahead in front of the car for about a half mile then faded into the distant darkness.
   They appeared for just a few seconds, though it seemed much longer, then suddenly vanished. While I was certain we had just had a supernatural experience, I still wanted some further evidence.
   A few seconds after the beams of light disappeared, Marty turned to me and asked, "Did you see that?" I replied cautiously, "See what?" He described in detail what he had just seen and I affirmed I saw the very same thing.
   "What does it mean?" Marty asked. "I don't really know," I said.
     
                    As I sat there wondering about the whole event, this scripture from
                    Psalm 119 suddenly came to me,

             vs. 105)  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

   Now that scripture had puzzled me for years. I had wondered why God chose to use the example of a light AND a lamp, instead of a light OR a lamp. Now suddenly I understood... now I had the revelation.
   Like an old-fashioned lamp that shines near your feet to show you where you need to take your next step, God's word brings illumination and understanding regarding decisions in our immediate lives.
   Also, like the bright beams we saw on the highway that night, God's word also provides understanding regarding our future. When we are in the dark about what to do, it reveals or "lights" the path we are to take.
   After this incredible experience, we decided to drive around a little more so I started the car up to leave. As soon as I turned on the headlights, I then had no doubt we had just observed something supernatural.   
   Because, while the headlights normally seemed very bright in the darkness, they now appeared a dingy yellow in comparison to the pure white beams Marty and I had just seen on the road in front of us.
   The brilliance of the beams reminded me of the same type of pure, white light I had seen a few years earlier when I witnessed the large cross light up at that Methodist Church.
   My walk with God up to this point had already been unforgettable but many more supernatural encounters lay ahead. I would come to know Him in an even deeper and greater way in the months and years that followed.


                Note:  We serve a supernatural God, so it is only reasonable to
                           expect supernatural experiences as we follow Him day to
                           day. Expect Him to move wondrously in your behalf!

                                 ***********************************************
    
                  You can find previous blog stories listed in the right hand
                     column of this blog site under Blog Archive (or) go to
                               Twitter  at  https://twitter.com/jimorich
                     Bless your friends by sharing this site and join me next     
                     Wednesday for more inspiration, insights and more ...  

                                    "Acts of an Awesome God!"

1 comment: